POSITION Partnership Associate
REPORTS TO Chief Partnership Officer
STATUS Exempt, Full Time
LOCATION 8 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 320, Chicago, IL
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
DEADLINE: Friday, January 15, 2021
The Executives’ Club is Chicago’s premier membership organization and business forum. The Club is a valued resource for Chicago’s business leaders - connecting members, providing opportunities for strategic relationship development, and enhancing exposure to the global business community thought leadership. Club membership is composed of senior level executives, including significant representation among CEOs of multinational corporations headquartered in the region, as well as professionals from Chicagoland’s business, civic, and academic communities. Founded in 1911, The Club is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious business organizations.
The Partnership Associate is responsible for supporting the Chief Partnership Officer in cultivating, soliciting, securing, and stewarding corporate sponsorship of Club events, programming, and initiatives. This position plays an integral role in business development and external relations. As an excellent communicator and detail-oriented project manager, this person ensures all of our partners receive the best-in-class experience as sponsors of the Executives’ Club.
- Develop and manage sponsorship pipeline, conducting prospect research
- Assist with scheduling meetings and preparing pitches
- Create pitch decks and ensure all marketing materials are up to date
- Manage in-bound calls and general sponsorship inquires; elevate as needed
- Proactively approach new sponsors; not afraid to conduct cold call outreach
- Work in coordination with the Membership team to identify corporate members for upgrade to sponsorship
- Manage assigned sponsor relationships, ensuring consistent communication and thoughtful engagement
- Manage the Outreach Tracker to ensure all corporate partners are hearing from the Club on a regular basis (with no lapse greater than 30 days).
- Manage sponsor benefits and fulfillment: Track benefit fulfillment for all corporate partners and ensure execution of deliverables. Design and manage recognition materials, proof program materials, and draft integrated marketing pieces (Sponsor Spotlights).
- Logo management including monitoring logo placements, approving logo accuracy on print materials and digital communications, and making sure the logo folder is up to date with the most recent logo for each company
- Coordinate sponsor communications including thank you letters, special updates, and invitations
- Coordinate sponsor renewal process including scheduling meetings, preparing fulfillment reports, and creating new opportunity pitch materials
- Manage partnership appreciation events and receptions, working with the events team to execute as needed
- Ensure up-to-date Knowledge grids for each active corporate partner
- Prepare sponsorship agreements and contracts for review and signature
- Maintain the Partnerships online drive ensuring integrity and accuracy
- Manage the Partnerships tab/action tracking in the database ensuring integrity and accuracy
- Track sponsorship allocations and provide weekly updates for staff
- Assist Chief Partnership Officer with season budgeting and forecasting
- Assist membership & programs team onsite at programs and meetings (early morning and evening)
- Create and update partnership reports as needed
- Monitor sponsorship trends and work closely with the Chief Partnership Officer to create new benefits, engagement opportunities, and partner experiences
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of study but preferable business or marketing
- 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in sponsorship, events, business development, or marketing
- Strives to exemplify The Club’s values of nurturing relationships, inclusivity, fostering world class knowledge, growing Chicago’s future and belief that business is a pillar of society
- Highly effective organizer and project manager with outstanding and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational, written & verbal communication skills
- Keen marketing eye with ability to create and execute marketing materials and presentations
- Must be proficient in MS Office and be database savvy (experience with ABILA CRM a plus!)
- Outgoing, positive professional with the ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive and interested in keeping abreast of current events and business trends on the local, national and global scene
- Self-starter who is able to handle multiple projects in varying stages of development and meet deadlines
- Graphic design skills and/or familiarity with Adobe and Canva a plus
- Event planning and production experience a plus
- Available to occasionally work outside of normal business hours for events with advance notice (early morning breakfast or evening receptions)
- Required to carry and/or lift up to 30lbs. and be able to stand for at least an hour at programs
- Valid ID required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This position will be remote until summer 2021, and flexibility to maintain some work from home days once we return to the office.
- Convenient office location in the loop!
- Commuter benefits for those who use the CTA, METRA or drive
- Employer sponsored insurance coverage through UnitedHealthcare
- 16 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays per year - our office is also closed for a week at the end of December and we observe Summer Hours!