Internship: Content and Communications
The Executives’ Club of Chicago is looking to bring student interns into the organization to assist with Club operations. There are four different intern roles available, and we ask that students apply to a specific role, based on their field of study or professional interests.
Interns will be trained and supervised by a specific member of the Club’s team. Throughout the internship, they will interact with the entire Club staff, attend staff and departmental meetings, and have opportunities to interface with senior business leaders and program speakers, and network with Chicago’s business community. In addition to learning how to develop and execute world-class business programs, interns will be provided opportunities to develop critical business-related skills including project management, organization, research and data analysis, data-base management, marketing, and communications.
The Content and Communications Intern reports directly to the Forums and Content Manager. The intern will be responsible for helping to streamline research, content and communications for The Club’s 13 industry-specific Forum groups. The ideal candidate for this position is a student with interest in conversations applicable to the greater business community, This candidate should be looking to expand their knowledge of various business industries though being a member of a non-profit organization. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Creating event materials such as agendas, discussion questions, and/or remarks for Forum events
- Draft Forum announcements to members, including new events, meetings, and other general communications
- Research speaker leads and topic ideas and maintain database of potential topics and speakers for future events
- Assist Forums and Content Manager with targeted marketing for Forum events.
- Update collateral materials for Forum events, including Co-Chair remarks and PowerPoint decks
- Assist in featuring Forum activities and Co-Chair spotlights through items in The Club’s newsletter, social media, and other marketing vehicles
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team for all Forum-related digital material and event updates on the website
- Liaise with the membership team to support member recruitment and engagement efforts when necessary
- Assist in registering guests for Forum events via CRM Software
- Provide day-of support (as available) for Forum Events. Tasks to include assistance with badges, general event set-up, greeting of guests, etc.
- Contribute to annual reporting projects including season recaps, company exposure reports, speaker demographics and more
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by Forums and Content Manger
- Ability to handle several tasks in varying stages of development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, including prioritization of tasks and self-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; NetForums or other database experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to use them
- Willingness to experiment, to learn, and to be creative
- Ability to create great working relationships
- Must have at least one business outfit for attendance at Club programs
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for an hour unassisted
To apply – please send resume and cover letter to Laura Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note in subject of email which intern position you applying for.