The Business Development Intern will work directly with the Membership Director and Membership Development Manager on growing Exec Club’s membership base. The ideal candidate is a student with a desire to become acquainted with Chicago’s business scene while learning how a membership-based organization operates and increases sales.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Familiarize yourself with our current membership database to understand who our members are and what non-member companies would be a good fit for membership.
- Assist in potential new member research – conduct research on various industries and potential member companies, and which C-Suite Leaders would be right for membership.
- Assist in the recruitment of new members, prepare pitch materials and pitch calls.
- Respond to inquiries for more information from prospective members.
- Solicit member feedback on programming and member benefits. Create and present reports on continuous improvement opportunities for member benefits.
- When possible, attend & staff programs, staff membership table and assist with general membership inquires (involves varying event duties. Some early mornings or evenings may be required).
- Attend and participate in Membership Team meetings and internal staff meetings.
- Administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to handle several tasks in varying stages of development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, including prioritization of tasks and self-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; NetForums or other database experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to use them
- Willingness to experiment, to learn, and to be creative
- Ability to create great working relationships
- Must have at least one business outfit for attendance at Exec Club programs
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for an hour unassisted
Hours: ~16 hours/ week. Schedule TBD upon placement (Hybrid Schedule)
Term: Ongoing Opportunities. Summer, Fall Semester, or Spring semester duration
Rate: School credit when applicable
About Us: The Exec Club is Chicago’s premier membership and business forum. The Executives’ Club of Chicago is a valued resource for local business leaders – connecting members, providing opportunities for strategic relationship development, and enhanced exposure to the global business community. Exec Club membership is comprised of senior-level executives, including significant representation among CEOs of multinational corporations headquartered in the region, as well as professionals from Chicagoland’s business, civic, and academic communities. Founded in 1911, the Exec Club is one of the nation’s oldest and most established business organizations.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Laura Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in subject of email which intern position you applying for.