POSITION: Forums and Content Manager
LEADER: Chief Content and Communications Officer
STATUS: Exempt, Full Time
LOCATION: 425 S Financial Pl, Chicago, IL 60605
The Executives’ Club of Chicago is Chicago’s premier membership organization and business forum. For more than one hundred years, the Exec Club has been a valued resource for Chicago’s business leaders – connecting members, providing opportunities for strategic relationship development, access to intellectual exchange and world-class speakers, and enhanced exposure to the broader business community.
Through our signature series programs, forums, leadership development, and member events, we bring together business, civic and academic leaders from all industries to discuss issues and opportunities affecting business in Chicago and the world.
The Forums and Content Manager is primarily responsible for the effective oversight and coordination of the Exec Club’s forums. Forums are comprised of members from diverse industries whose interests represent specific corporate functional areas or areas of specialization. This position will play a key role in the execution of 25-30 events per year. The Forums and Content Manager is also responsible for oversight of the CIO of the Year Awards in partnership with the Business Technology Forum.
- Develop and maintain the Exec Club’s Forum Calendar, including creating content, event descriptions, speaker and venue sourcing across all forums, utilizing the Chief Content and Communications Officer as a thought partner when necessary
- Lead the orientation of new co-chairs
- Develop and manage relationships with each of the forum co-chairs
- Oversee all administrative aspects of forum events including registrations, confirmations, name badges, event evaluations and preparation of event materials
- Ensure that all forum events and programs operate with the approved budget; identify shortfalls and provide action plans as needed
- Develop and institute methods for quality control and accuracy of forum member information in the Exec Club’s database
- Liaise with the partnerships team to provide metrics for current and potential Forum sponsors
- Process forum applications and on-board new forum members
- Develop and manage relationships with members serving on forums
- Staff all forum events and activities as well as coordinate any needed support from other staff at the Exec Club
- Liaise with the membership team to support member recruitment and engagement efforts when necessary
- Look at status quo process to improve speaker relations and event execution
- Develop and update collateral materials for all forum events including but not limited to one-sheets, invites, brochures and signage
- Assist in promoting forums, co-chairs and forum members through items in the Exec Club’s newsletter, social media, and other marketing vehicles
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team for all forum related material and event updates on the website
- Oversee and serve as an active voice in the Forum’s LinkedIn groups
CIO of the Year Award and Other Responsibilities
- Manage Annual CIO of the Year Awards Process which includes: requesting nominations, applications and soliciting judges
- Ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and fair processing of awards
- Liaise with SIM and AITP for the CIO of the Year Award, including but not limited to planning yearly CIO reception
- Oversight of award logistics including sending out invitations to finalists, ordering awards and coordinating presentation of awards
- Ensuring Business Technology and Innovation Forum sponsorship benefits are met in terms of awards process
- Support the Chief Content and Communications Officer on other projects when needed, including Signature Series Program.
- Four year degree required; experience working with structured groups within a corporation, non-profit organization, association or trade group preferred
- Strives to exemplify the Exec Club’s core values of nurturing relationships, inclusivity, a desire to foster world class knowledge, and belief in growing Chicago’s future
- Event planning experience is a plus
- Highly effective organizer with outstanding attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be database savvy
- Inquisitive and interested in keeping abreast of current events on the local, national and global scene
- Ability to interface with all levels of clients including C-suite corporate executives
- Self-starter who is able to handle multiple projects in varying stages of development and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet search tools; knowledge of Abila/NetFourms or other database software preferred
- Candidate must be available for program set up as early as 5:00 a.m. and evening receptions, which last until 8:00 p.m.
- Required to carry and/or lift up to 30lbs. and be able to stand for at least an hour at programs
- Valid ID required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Downtown office is in a contemporary office building with strong amenities
- Commuter benefits for those who use the CTA, METRA or drive
- Employer sponsored insurance coverage through UnitedHealthcare
- Flexible work schedule with 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holiday days- we also observe Summer Hours and Holiday hours the last week of December
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 29, 2022
We will be getting in touch with those who make the shortlist. Thank you!
The Executives’ Club of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.