POSITION: Director of Leadership Development
LEADER: Chief Engagement Officer/Head of the HRMAC Institute
STATUS: Exempt, Full Time
LOCATION: 425 S Financial Pl, Chicago, IL 60605
ABOUT EXEC CLUB
The Executives’ Club of Chicago is Chicago’s premier membership organization and business forum. For more than one hundred years, Exec Club has been a valued resource for Chicago’s business leaders – connecting members, providing opportunities for strategic relationship development, access to intellectual exchange and world-class speakers, and enhanced exposure to the broader business community.
Through our signature series programs, summits, leadership development, and member events, we bring together business, civic and academic leaders from all industries to discuss issues and opportunities affecting business in Chicago and the world.
The Director of Leadership Development is responsible for developing and implementing the leadership development strategy and delivery mechanisms in support of Exec Club’s overall strategic initiatives. They will also be responsible for the effective management and daily operations of Exec Club’s existing leadership development programs. A primary focus will be on developing and selling revenue producing programs that have measurable value to the organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of Exec Club’s leadership development programming including curriculum, development, marketing and other operational needs.
- Actively explore and identify leadership development trends, learning technology and other resources available to improve instructional design and deliver on-line and live educational activities.
- Actively build relationships with senior HR Leaders (Chief Human Resources Officers, Talent Manage leaders, etc.) to ensure continued participation in Exec Club Leadership Development programs.
- Create and maintain speaker relationships to ensure continued participation in leadership development programming.
- Implement innovative peer-to-peer, mentorship and other development programs to enhance the member experience and value.
- Work with marketing, membership, events and finance to foster open communication and collaboration for all products.
- Oversee participant recruitment for all programming. Build prospect strategy and research new opportunities for meeting program participation goals.
- Oversee budget development, and track revenue and expenses to achieve revenue goals.
- Work closely with the HRMAC Institute Program Director to support the HRMAC Council of Advisors and coordinate on aligned programming and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- You take ownership of the tasks and projects you are responsible for and see them through to completion.
- You use technology for efficiency. You remember most things but set up calendar reminders just in case. You also utilize pop-up notifications for emails to make sure you respond promptly. You are ON IT!
- You are a curious and creative thinker. You know how to build something out of nothing and are comfortable operating in the unknown.
- You know how to build and manage a budget and don’t get caught by surprise by your spending.
- You would call yourself “a people person”: You love connecting with people, understanding their needs and helping them achieve their goals
- You are a natural sales person and don’t shy away from making asks.
- You know how to build and maintain relationships to achieve organizational goals.
- You are comfortable corresponding with C-Suite executives and their assistants.
- You are naturally an organized person.
- You are a team player. You want everyone on the team to succeed and go the extra mile to ensure you are helping everyone do their job to the best of their ability.
- You are not a wallflower. During our live events, we expect all of our staff, especially this role, to interact with our members and guests and make everyone feel comfortable and welcome.
- You are comfortable in front of an audience when necessary. You don’t always seek the spotlight but don’t avoid it.
- You strive to exemplify Exec Club’s values of nurturing relationships, inclusivity, a desire to foster world-class knowledge, and belief in growing Chicago’s future.
- Four year degree; advanced degree or certification desired
- Five to seven years as education or leadership development professional
- Professional demeanor and ability to interface with all levels of clients, including C-Suite executives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly effective organizer with outstanding attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple projects in varying stages of development and meet deadlines
- Able to maintain corporate confidentiality
- Knowledge of Abila NetForum or other database experience preferred, as well as, proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly developed customer service orientation and skills
- Able to work well with others in a small, fast-paced team oriented environment
- Candidate must be available for program set up as early as 5:00 a.m. and evening receptions, which last until 8:00 p.m.
- Required to carry and/or lift up to 30lbs. and be able to stand for at least an hour at programs
- Valid ID required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible hybrid work model
- Downtown office is in a contemporary office building with strong amenities
- Commuter benefits for those who use the CTA, METRA or drive
- Employer sponsored insurance coverage through UnitedHealthcare
- Flexible work schedule with 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holiday days- we also observe Summer Hours and Holiday hours the last week of December
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE TO APPLY: March 15, 2023
The Executives’ Club of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.