The Development and Strategy Intern reports directly to the Chief Partnerships Officer. The intern will be responsible for helping to streamline and develop processes for sponsorship outreach. The ideal candidate for this position is a student with interest in the operations of a non-profit organization and will have a desire to learn more about Chicago’s business community network.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Research of potential sponsor leads for the Exec Club’s sales and development team as they relate to specific events hosted by the Exec Club.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing database of Corporations that could serve as potential sponsors leads.
- Research any big moves of corporations to Chicago update Exec Club staff with relevant business news.
- Research topics, themes, or speakers for future programs.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for the Exec Club’s staff – helping to determine and develop ways for corporate partners to engage in specific programs, based on their industry, clients, and/or corporate initiatives.
- Draft template letters for upcoming Exec Club programs that will help to drive ticket and table sales for potential attendees.
- When possible, Attend & staff programs (involves varying event duties from escorting VIPs, to walk up registration. Some early mornings or evenings may be required), events may be in-person or virtual
- Attend and participate in Development Team meetings and internal staff meetings.
- Administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to handle several tasks in varying stages of development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, including prioritization of tasks and self-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; NetForums or other database experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to use them
- Willingness to experiment, to learn, and to be creative
- Ability to create great working relationships
- Must have at least one business outfit for attendance at Exec Club programs
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for an hour unassisted
Hours: ~16 hours/ week. Schedule TBD upon placement
Term: Ongoing Opportunities. Summer, Fall Semester, or Spring semester duration
Rate: School credit when applicable
About Us: The Exec Club is Chicago’s premier membership and business forum. The Executives’ Club of Chicago is a valued resource for local business leaders – connecting members, providing opportunities for strategic relationship development, and enhanced exposure to the global business community. Exec Club membership is comprised of senior-level executives, including significant representation among CEOs of multinational corporations headquartered in the region, as well as professionals from Chicagoland’s business, civic, and academic communities. Founded in 1911, the Exec Club is one of the nation’s oldest and most established business organizations.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Laura Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in subject of email which intern position you applying for.