Internship: Public Relations & Social Media Intern
Organization Name & Description:The Executives’ Club of Chicago is Chicago’s leading business forum, bringing together business, civic and academic leaders from all industries to discuss strategies that address challenges and opportunities affecting Chicago, while providing its members the opportunity for strategic relationship development, access to intellectual exchange and world-class speakers, and enhance exposure to the global business community.
Organization’s Location: 8 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603
Intern Title: Public Relations and Social Media Intern
Summary of the Internship Description: Interns will be trained and supervised by a specific member of the Club’s team. Throughout the internship, they will interact with the entire Club staff, attend staff and departmental meetings, and have opportunities to interface with senior business leaders and program speakers, and network with Chicago’s business community. In addition to learning how to develop and execute world-class business programs, interns will be provided opportunities to develop critical business-related skills including project management, organization, research and data analysis, data-base management, marketing, and communications.
The Intern Will: This internship is designed for the candidate with a demonstrated desire to learn more about social media and public relations. Successful candidates will be already actively engaged in some aspect of social media, including blogging, communication with friends and colleagues through vehicles such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Candidates should additionally be consumers of both print and electronic media, and have an understanding of the relationships within the evolving media landscape. This intern should have an understanding of social media tools and techniques as well as various marketing styles (traditional, new media, guerilla and ‘word of mouth’). This intern will report to the Digital Marketing Specialist. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager in executing a social media strategy to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all digital platforms.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at The Club.
- Measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
- Assist in posting the “post/tweet of the day” by using social media organizing tools like Sprout Social and bit.ly.
- Work on various public relations campaigns.
- Assist in writing, editing and pitching.
- Work on creating an archive that showcases The Club's brand on different platforms.
- Archiving Media Clips
- Administrative tasks and special projects as assigned
- Ability to handle several tasks in varying stages of development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, including prioritization of tasks and self-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; NetForums or other database experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to use them
- Willingness to experiment, to learn, and to be creative
- Ability to create great working relationships
- Must have at least one business outfit for attendance at Club programs
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for an hour unassisted
Internship Duration and Hours: 2 days at 16 hours per week. Schedule TBD upon placement.
Compensation: The Club offers school credit when applicable.
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Laura Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Public Relations and Social Media Intern” in the subject line.