Internship: Development and Strategy Intern
Organization Name & Description: The Executives’ Club of Chicago is Chicago’s leading business forum, bringing together business, civic and academic leaders from all industries to discuss strategies that address challenges and opportunities affecting Chicago, while providing its members the opportunity for strategic relationship development, access to intellectual exchange and world-class speakers, and enhance exposure to the global business community.
Organization’s Location: 8 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603
Intern Title: Development and Strategy Intern
Summary of the Internship Description: Interns will be trained and supervised by a specific member of the Club’s team. Throughout the internship, they will interact with the entire Club staff, attend staff and departmental meetings, and have opportunities to interface with senior business leaders and program speakers, and network with Chicago’s business community. In addition to learning how to develop and execute world-class business programs, interns will be provided opportunities to develop critical business-related skills including project management, organization, research and data analysis, data-base management, marketing, and communications.
The Intern Will: The Development and Strategy Intern reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer. The intern will be responsible for helping to streamline and develop processes for sponsorship outreach. The ideal candidate for this position is a student with interest in the operations of a nonprofit organization and will have a desire to learn more about Chicago’s business community network. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Research of potential sponsor leads for the Club’s sales and development team as they relate to specific events hosted by The Club.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing database of Corporations that could serve as potential sponsors leads.
- Research any big moves of corporations to Chicago update Club staff with relevant business news.
- Research topics, themes, or speakers for future programs.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for the Club’s staff – helping to determine and develop ways for corporate partners to engage in specific programs, based on their industry, clients, and/or corporate initiatives.
- Draft template letters for upcoming club programs that will help to drive ticket and table sales for potential attendees.
- When possible, Attend & staff programs (involves varying event duties from escorting VIPs, to walk up registration. Some early mornings or evenings may be required).
- Attend and participate in Development Team meetings and internal staff meetings.
- Administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to handle several tasks in varying stages of development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, including prioritization of tasks and self-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; NetForums or other database experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to use them
- Willingness to experiment, to learn, and to be creative
- Ability to create great working relationships
- Must have at least one business outfit for attendance at Club programs
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for an hour unassisted
Internship Duration and Hours: 2 days at 16 hours per week. Schedule TBD upon placement.
Compensation: The Club offers school credit when applicable.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Laura Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with “Development and Strategy Intern” in the subject line.